Gift of Life Ceremony
June 13, 2017
Gift of Life Organ Donor & Recipient Celebration at Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital
Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital will be hosting its first “Gift of Life” Rose Bush planting ceremony in honor of organ & tissue donors, recipients and their families. The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend. The event will be held on Friday July 7th from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Presentations with guest speakers and state representatives will be shared beginning at 1:00pm in the SMH Conference Rooms. Attendees will go to the Healing Garden in front of SMH for the “Gift of Life” Rose Bush planting and dedication ceremony. Please share this event with those who have been touched by organ & tissue donation.
- Of the state’s 7.6 million adults, 55 percent are registered organ donors.
- Since 2007, residents no longer sign the back of their Michigan driver’s license to indicate their wish to be an organ and tissue donor. Instead, they join the Michigan Organ Donor Registry and receive a red heart logo for their license or state ID.
- On average, 17 Michigan residents have organ transplants every week.
- The supply of organs available doesn’t come close to meeting the demand. Michigan has more than 3,500 people on the waiting list. The number is about 124,000 nationwide.
- Organ donors can save up to eight lives and tissue donors can substantially improve life for up to 50 sick or injured people.
For more information or to RSVP for this event, please contact Sara Giles, Marketing Coordinator at 906-341-3293 or email@example.com